.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

 

Car Shopping Continued


Enter the Taurus X Limited...I'd read some good reviews of this vehicle so I decided (against the recommendations of others) to try it out.

Submitted a "price quote request" after seeing a "Best Deal" on our trusted Motoralley site and AolAutos.com and after a week of back and forth (without getting a price; complex reasons, makes my brain hurt) decided to just go to the store and drive the car. I did drive it...my recommendation...never drive a 2006 Audi S4 right before you drive the Taurus X. Mind you, the Taurus is a nice ride...leather "trimmed" seats and all wheel drive with a nice 260+ hp engine...but a completely different ride...

It's not fair to compare the two, but I shall anyway. This isn't a fair column. The Taurus is far superior in things I desire but don't have in the 2006 Audi S4...more room, primarily...and gas mileage. Steering is softer, heavier and the seats just don't compare either. Again...don't forget, the S4 cost almost double...so this makes sense. If only I could find the S4 with more room...shoehorn the Audi 4.2l V8 in the Taurus X, tighten the steering, replace seats, etc. Voila. Unfortunately...Audi doesn't build this car.

Mind you, it doesn't mean I don't like the Taurus X...I do...I just don't like it enough...yet. Need to go drive the Cayenne...(does this sound insane...but this is how I shop). Need to decide, definitively whether I want to spend the extra $ to justify better ride/handling. Of course I will go check out a few others as well...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?